Categories of hosting solutions
A hosting service suggests stashing and/or sharing given web content on a server administered by a website hosting vendor. There are different varieties of hosting services used for different goals, so let's examine them. In that way, you can choose what you need, based on whether you desire to set up a web site, email mailbox accounts, or to share files with comrades and associates.
- File hosting: a solution delivered by various file storage providers, which permits you to share immense files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole objective is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey an index of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file storage solutions are frequently supported by showing advertisements beside the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a specific span of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you own a paid file hosting package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limitation in regard to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the help of the cPanel hosting firms, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is a completely inappropriate interpretation of the real connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would assign the load between separate packs of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending miscellaneous website hosting services (electronic mail, web space, statistics, DNS, databases, site hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is merely a variety of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; some vendors offer a hosting service for pictures only. This hosting brand is good if you would like to share an immense quantity of pictures with pals or associates since the service is generally free of cost. You will receive a random link for each pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for sites.
- Email hosting: a service devoted to managing your email accounts. Some firms provide website hosting solutions for web pages, but do not supply an e-mail solution. If you wish to own an e-mail address with your domain name but do not desire to possess a web site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you want. You can create email accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a specific video, or you can embed the video file in your website that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of utilizing this approach in lieu of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video clip brings about a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a couple of video files and several hundred web page visitors, you may have difficulty with your website hosting resources. Embedding the video will enable you to possess as many videos as you want without worrying about system quotas.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you need if you desire to keep a web site. To a certain extent, it encompasses all of the aforementioned hosting groups since, along with your websites, you can also host images and files, you can create databases and electronic mail accounts, upload video files, etc. At Exclusive Hosting, for instance, you can have a glance at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting plans that allow you to get all of the aforesaid solutions in a single place. There may be limitations based on the sort of hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web hosting plan may be better or worse juxtaposed to the typical email/file/video/image hosting plans that are planned for particular content only.